Kingsley Hotel: A Cork Convention Bureau Member being innovative and learning to adapt
The team at The Kingsley are delighted to be open again and welcoming our corporate guests. The Kingsley specialises in catering to the needs of the executive traveller, with attractive conferencing and banqueting facilities and tranquil guestrooms in the heart of Cork, just a 10 minute drive from Cork Airport.
All HSE recommendations and Fáilte Ireland Guidelines regarding safe workplace management and best practices are in effect and reviewed daily. With new protocols in place and conference room layouts altered in line with social distancing measures, we are confident that future conferences and meetings at The Kingsley will run smoothly, safely and in comfort for both guests and staff alike.
- Attendees are notified in advance that the arrival time is strictly 10 minutes before the meeting to avoid bottle necking in one area.
- Clear direction on how to locate the meeting space shared in advance, and signage in place to ensure direction is obvious.
- Automatic doors, or doors propped open (to reduce touch points) 15 minutes before the meeting.
- Hand sanitising stations on arrival, and in the meeting space.
- 2 meter Social Distancing to be maintained at all times.
- Floors are taped, to mark out the 2 meter distance along the path from the entrance.
- Bins are provided that can be closed.
- Attendees are encouraged to take all pens and paper that were used with them on departure.
- Great ventilation due to large windows that also allow natural daylight in all meeting rooms.
- Frequently touched areas will be thoroughly disinfected regularly (ie., telephones, remote controls, handles, taps, light switches, etc.).
- All restaurants have floor to ceiling windows to allow for adequate ventilation.
- Air sanitiser is used in the room after the event before our staff start cleaning.
The Kingsley Hotel have implemented some new measures in order to adapt to the new way of socialising.
- Bean & River, is our Outdoor Café and Creperie overlooking the River Lee, with ample space for outdoor social distanced during breaks and networking.
- To streamline the booking process for guests, and reduce touchpoints we installed new systems for booking in room dining and menus are available digitally via scanning a QR code within the hotel.
- To eliminate as many touch points as possible we have; created a one way system within the restaurant with no closed doors, removed condiments from tables, ensured all entrances have automated doors and you can now opt to leave your room service outside your door.
For more information, please contact the Conference & Events team: T 021 480 0500 E Events@thekingsley.ie